Abbey Bridge at junction with Gregory Street
- Start: 18 May 2018
- End: 15 April 2018
- The main body of work on the scheme was completed 6 April 2018
- Work on Colbey Av still to complete
- Resurfacing of carriage way booked for end of April.
What is happening?
Nottingham City Council have listened to concerns from local residents about the loss of parking on Abbey Bridge after the construction of the off road cycle path. To address this, we will be restoring the parking provision along Abbey Bridge and provide additional residents parking spaces on Coleby Avenue. As part of these works, increased capacity will be added to the Gregory Street junction, to improve traffic flow. The cycle facilities will be altered to allow for the parking provision but we will take this opportunity to improving cycle safety at junctions and crossings.
- The outbound cycle path will be moved to the opposite side of Abbey Bridge to make a two-way segregated cycle track
- The parallel pedestrian and cycle crossing near to the junction with Hoyland Avenue will be improved to increase visibility and safety
- The left turn lane at the junction with Gregory Street will be become an ahead and left lane to increase capacity
- Four additional parking bays will be created on Coleby Avenue
- The westbound cycle path will be improved at the junction with Gregory Street and the island here widened. This will involve reducing two lanes to one for drivers
- Relocating the bus stop to its original position
How will this affect traffic and residents?
Construction will begin Monday 15 January
- Traffic will continue to operate as normal and we will ensure access is maintained to properties
A temporary bus stop will be in operation for the duration of the works
- The crossing will be suspended outside the White Hart but alternative pedestrian routes will be available
- Normal working hours will be 8am – 4pm
- There will be lane and road closures at the end of March for resurfacing; these will be carried out overnight or outside of peak hours. Advance warning signs will be in place when exact dates are confirmed
- A signed cycle diversion route will be in place for the duration of the works
If you have any questions or comments contact
0115 8765276 firstname.lastname@example.org