COVID-19 and public transport updates
Current advice from Public Health England is to stay at home to save lives and only go out when absolutely necessary for food, medicine, work or exercise.
Please avoid non-essential use of public transport, however if you do have to travel please ensure you continue to follow social distancing advice; avoid standing near other passengers and use hand sanitiser/wash your hands after touching surfaces. Our transport operators, including NET, will open doors for you so you don’t have to touch them.
Please do not travel if you are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms of Coronavirus, including a new continuous cough or high temperature. For more information and advice on symptoms of the virus, please visit gov.uk/coronavirus
Many of our travel operators and partners are operating a reduced service and are making every effort to keep you safe if you must travel. Transport Nottingham will try to keep you updated of any service changes as a result of the Coronavirus via our website and social media, but please check with your individual operators below before you travel for the latest news
- Robin Hood Card and Victoria Travel Centre
- Updates to Tram services
- Updates to Nottingham City Transport services
- Updates from Community Transport (CT4N) for Nottingham
- Updates to Trent Barton services
- Updates to National Express services
- Updates to Megabus services
- Updates to Rail services
- Updates to EMR Rail service
- Updates to Cross Country service
- Updates to Northern Assist
- Enterprise Car Club
- Free early bird bus and tram travel for the elderly and disabled
- On-street parking charges and restrictions relaxed
- Ridewise launch Emergency Bike Bank to support essential workers. If you are an essential worker in need of a bike/have a bike to donate please contact Ridewise.
- British Cycling has suspended all cycling activities until 30 June 2020. Remember to ride your bike responsibly, using it only for essential travel or to exercise once a day while maintaining social distancing procedures.
- Nottingham has lots of local cycle paths and cycling can be great as part of your one exercise a day. It’s good for your mental health too. But please –follow guidelines on Physical Distancing and keep at least 2 metres apart and not in groups. Only ride on routes you know well, that are close to home and within your ability level.
- Racecourse Park and Ride is currently closed in response to decreased customer usage. Queens Drive Park and Ride is open for the Medilink service; Navy 49 will not serve this site.
- As a result of the outbreak Enterprise Car Club are taking phone bookings only for the time being. Please follow Government guidance and use the Car Club for essential travel only, such as to collect groceries or key workers traveling to work. For those continuing to use the Car Club, a deep clean of vehicles is being carried out between bookings
- From Sunday 5 April National Express will be suspending all coach services until further notice