- First low emission vehicle lane in the country
The new look Daleside Road opened in March 2018. which will reduce bus journey times, improve facilities for cyclists and pedestrians and see the introduction of the UK’s first bus lane that will also allow Ultra Low Emission Vehicles.
The scheme is part of wider improvements to better connect Gedling in the east to the new Boots Enterprise Zone in the west, and help to improve air quality and reduce emissions on a key route into the city. New electric and biogas buses have already been introduced along the route.
The Daleside road improvement scheme is funded through the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire (D2N2) Local Enterprise Partnership who have provided £6.1m for bus priority measures.
- New bus lanes in either direction giving more space to drivers and speeding up journeys
- Enhanced links to park & ride services
- Low emission biogas and electric buses on the route
- ULEV (Ultra Low Emission Vehicles) are able to use the bus lane, more on this here.
- Horse statues in place on Racecourse Roundabout
- Safer facilities for pedestrians and cyclists