Last chance to make a Workplace Travel Grant application – 31 December 2023
Benefit from up to £25,000 financial support to help meet the costs of workplace travel improvements such as electric vehicle charge points, cycle parking, showers, pool bikes, car sharing and car parking management. We are asking for a financial or in-kind contribution from you.
Am I Eligible for a Grant?
Yes, if you’re a business or organisation (large or small, public or private sector) inside the Nottingham city boundary Check to find out if you’re inside the boundary. We support:
- Businesses covered by the Nottingham Workplace Parking Levy
- Public sector organisations
- Small to medium enterprises
- Health and social care organisations, joint services centres, medical centres and hospitals
- Organisations based on business parks and industrial areas
- Voluntary sector
What does the grant support?
If your application is successful, you can spend your grant on almost anything that will enable more sustainable forms of transport for your workforce, including:
Cycling and Walking
- Cycle parking and shelters (including CCTV and shelter lighting)
- Shower/changing/drying facilities
- Improvements including changes to entrances and pedestrian route lighting (maintenance/running costs not included)
- Pool bikes (including electric pool bikes)
- Personal safety/security equipment
- e-Cargo bikes
- Workplace real-time display screens
Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) support
- Electric vehicle (EV) charge points ground or wall mounted- with or without tethered cables, up to 22kw (must meet minimum technical standard, see Annex 1 below)
- Charge point installation costs e.g. grid connection, ground work, concrete base and crash barriers
- Signage and bay marking related to charge point installations
- Bollards or guards to protect charge point/s from damage, e.g. reversing vehicles
- Charging cables – where charge points do not have a tethered cable (Max. 3). We will not fund 3-Pin plug cables. We will fund ’Type 1 (Mode 3)’ or ‘Type 2 (Mode 3)’ cables.
- Receiving back office connection to the Charge point Management System, including RFID cards/access devices (please see Annex 1 below)
- 3 year warranty (an essential requirement for all charge point installations under this scheme)
- 1 year data costs (3 years required)
- Electric car club supportive infrastructure e.g. signs, markings, bollards
- Car parking infrastructure e.g. barrier controls, signage (excludes perimeter fencing around car parking areas)
What won’t the grant support?
- Laptops or PCs
- Fitbits or similar
- Purchasing/leasing cars, vans or minibuses
- Maintenance of travel infrastructure provided through the grant scheme
- Utility packages associated with travel infrastructure purchased through the grant scheme e.g. line rental and data package for real-time information, electricity bills
- Staffing sustainable travel measures e.g. security guards, car park attendants
Final Deadline for applications is 31 December 2023 – Apply now
Make an expression of interest
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying, we'd love to hear from you