Clifton Lane, Wilford
- Start: Monday 16 September
- End: Friday 11 October
Work will begin on Monday 16 September to create a shared cycle and pedestrian path along Clifton Lane better connecting Clifton with routes towards the city centre.
- The pavement on the northern side of the road will be widened and resurfaced to accommodate a new, shared cycle and footpath
- Improvements to the side road and access road entrances to show cycle and pedestrian priority
- Cycle and pedestrian priority green surfacing added across Deane Road entrance
How will this affect traffic?
- Work will start on Monday 16 September for four weeks. We will be working Monday to Saturday, during normal daytime hours. Work should take two weeks on the south side (towards Clifton) before switching to the north side (towards the city centre)
- Work on the shared path should have little impact on traffic, although sections may be closed to pedestrians while works take place. At times this will mean we will need to closea lane of traffic, to provide space for pedestrians to pass the works. This will be done as required, but not during morning or afternoon peak traffic
- Bus stops will remain unaffected throughout the works
The wider cycle network
This path will help to better connect cyclists along Clifton Lane through to the quiet route up Main Road towards the Toll Bridge and routes into the city centre.
This project has been made possible through the Department for Transport’s Transforming Cities Fund and the European Regional Development Fund.