Handel Street, from Carlton Street to Bath Street
- Start: Monday 14 October
- End: Friday 20 December
Work will begin on 14 October to create a shared cycle and pedestrian path along Handel Street. For cyclists this will provide a direct link from Carlton Road to Sneinton Square and the City Centre.
- The pavement on the southern side of the road will be widened to 3.6 metres to create a shared cycle and pedestrian path
- Changes to the junction with Alfred Street South will be made to improve cycle connectivity.
- Drop kerbs will be added near the toucan crossing on Carlton Road
- Continuous cycle and pedestrian priority with green surfacing added to side roads
How will this affect traffic
- Work will take 8 weeks
- Work on the shared path should have little impact on traffic, although sections of the path will be closed to pedestrians for the duration of the works
- Parking will be temporarily suspended along Handel Street, a section at a time, on a rolling basis while work is underway. There will be no impact once work is complete.
- Access to properties along Handel Street will be maintained at all times
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on 0115 8765292.