Haydn Road junction with Nottingham Road and North Gate
- Start: 16 May
- End: 8 July
Why is this happening?
Works will begin on the junction of Haydn Road and Nottingham Road in early May to improve the currently limited pedestrian and cyclist facilities. Pedestrian crossings are currently only provided on one arm of the junction.
The need for these improvements have been identified following consultation with local residents and identified a junction which makes journeys difficult for pedestrians, in particular school children and parents with buggies.
What is happening?
The works will include:
- Renewal and improvement of traffic signal equipment
- Provision of advance cycle stop lines on all approaches
- Pedestrian PUFFIN crossings implemented on all arms of the junction
The works will take approximately 10 weeks from 16 May 2022.
How will this affect traffic?
- Existing signals will be removed and replaced with temporary traffic signals whilst works are underway
- Space required to complete works safely will reduce traffic lanes
- Traffic congestion as a result of the constraints is expected to increase at this location during the works
Nottingham City Council apologises for any inconvenience that these works may cause you and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and patience.