Reydon Drive, Basford
- Start: 22 October 2018
- End: 2 November
The City Council are almost finished improving side roads along the ring road, making crossings for cyclists and pedestrians safer and more convenient.
At Reydon Drive we are installing:
- Give way markings back from the junction – so that vehicles entering and leaving give way to cyclists and pedestrians crossing the road
- moving a telegraph pole to allow for the cycle/foot path
We will also add high-visibility green surfacing to the crossing (see example image below), to further demonstrate the change in priority at the junction. The green surfacing needs to be applied during dry months, so we will return and add this to the new crossing in the spring.
How will this affect traffic?
- Work has been planned during half term when traffic is lighter, and will commence off peak to minimise disruption. (Work hours 9.30-3.30 Monday to Friday. There may be need for weekend working outside of these hours).
- To help complete these improvements quickly and safely, there will be no access into Reydon Drive off Western Boulevard with lane restrictions in place on the ring road.
- A signed diversion route will direct motorists to use Newport Drive, Bracknell Crescent and Didcot Drive for the duration of the works.
- You will be able to exit onto Western Boulevard as normal. Outside of working hours traffic will be unaffected and lane closures and diversions removed.