Scotland Road, Basford
- Start: 22 October 2018
- End: 2 November 2018
The City Council are almost finished improving side roads along the ring road, making crossings for cyclists and pedestrians safer and more convenient.
At Scotland Road we are installing:
- Two shared pedestrian and cycle crossings
- Give way markings back from the junction – so that vehicles entering and leaving give way to cyclists and pedestrians crossing the road
We will also add high-visibility green surfacing to the crossing (see example image below), to further demonstrate the change in priority at the junction. The green surfacing needs to be applied during dry months, so we will return and add this to the new crossing in the spring.
How will this affect traffic?
- Work has been planned during half term when traffic is lighter, and will commence off peak to minimise disruption. (Work hours 9.30-3.30 Monday to Friday. There may be need for weekend working outside of these hours).
- To help complete these improvements quickly and safely, there will be a lane restriction on the ring road with no access into Scotland Road off the ring road. A signed diversion route will direct motorists to use Barlock Road, Vernon Avenue, Vernon Road and Nottingham Road
- You will be able to exit Scotland Road onto the ring road as normal during the first phase of the works but during the second phase the exit will be via where you normally enter into the road (off the ring road). Appropriate traffic signs will be in place to show this during each phase. Outside of working hours traffic will be unaffected as lane closures and diversions will be removed.