Cadent Gas are upgrading two major gas mains.
- Start: 6 January 2020
- End: 29 May 2020
Cadent Gas will be conducting major gas works as they replace a kilometre of ageing iron pipes with tough plastic pipes that will last well into the 22nd century. The gas mains are up for renewal to maintain efficiency and ensure the safety of 2000 residents. Works have been strategically planned for this time of year to avoid festival season and times of higher activity at Forest Recreation Ground.
Sherwood Rise will be closed in three phases to keep disruptions to a minimum.
- Phase one: Sherwood Rise will be accessible from 6 January – 20 January under two-way lights. Please divert via Hucknall Road when possible
- Phase two: road closure between Pelham Road and Claremont Road
- Phase three: road closure between Pelham Road and Gregory Boulevard
- Digging a 4m hole in the road to provide mains access
- lining 2 cast iron pipes with tough new plastic pipes
How will this affect traffic?
- Delays are expected so please use alternative routes where possible. Divert via Hucknall Road
- The road will remain closed to keep motorists and workers safe
- Access will be maintained for residents and businesses
- Mayo Road and Claremont Road will become one way for the duration of works
- A diversion will be in place via Sherwood Rise, Nottingham Road, Haydn Road, A611 Hucknall Road
- NCT Yellow Line buses will divert via Hucknall Road and Haydn Road. Temporary stops will be in place along Hucknall Road
Residents and motorists please follow diversion signs when you are in the area.