- Start: 22 March 2021
- End: Autumn 2021
We are carrying out works on the footpath that runs alongside the park on Valley Road, between Hucknall Road and Mansfield Road.
These works include:
- Removing the old fence and replacing it with a new one, which will match the one recently installed as part of the Daybrook Blue Green Flood Defence Infrastructure project
- Widening the footway to three metres to provide a continuous shared path
- Resurfacing the path.
The work will be completed in two phases:
Phase 1a – Mansfield Road to Ribblesdale Road path
Phase 1b – Ribblesdale Road path to Edwards Lane
Phase 2 – Edwards Lane to Hucknall Road
The scheme is being funded through the European Regional Development Fund and Transforming Cities funding.
How will the works affect me?
- Valley Road Pavilion Car Park will be closed at all times from Monday 8 November until Thursday 25 November 2021
- The link footway that runs through Valley Road Park will be closed at the tennis courts. Alternative pedestrian routes to the sports facilities will be provided
- There are footpath closures on Valley Road and Edwards Lane – please use pedestrian diversions around the roundabout
- A road closure at Valley Road and Edwards Lane roundabout will be in place on the weekends of 13-14 and 20-21 November 2021, from 6.30am until 5.30pm
- During this time, Edwards Lane will be closed at the roundabout heading toward City Hospital. Please use alternative routes.
Please see the plan below for more detail.
Access to the park and sports facilities will be maintained.