- Start: 22 March 2021
- End: Autumn 2021
We are carrying out works on the footpath that runs alongside the park on Valley Road, between Hucknall Road and Mansfield Road.
These works include:
- Removing the old fence and replacing it with a new one, which will match the one recently installed as part of the Daybrook Blue Green Flood Defence Infrastructure project
- Widening the footway to three metres to provide a continuous shared path
- Resurfacing the path.
The work will be completed in two phases, the first of which will take approximately 16 weeks to complete.
Phase 1a – Mansfield Road to Ribblesdale Road path
Phase 1b – Ribblesdale Road path to Edwards Lane
Phase 2 – Edwards Lane to Hucknall Road
The scheme is being funded through the European Regional Development Fund and Transforming Cities funding.
How will the works affect me?
- Off-peak lane closures will be in place on the park side between 9.30am and 3.30pm to allow the works to be carried out safely
- The footpath within the construction area will be closed at all times
- Pedestrians and cyclists will need to cross the road and use the opposite footpath, which will be made shared use during this time and signed accordingly. On completion of the works, this path will become pedestrian-only again
- There will be some changes to bus stops. During phase one, SH29 will be suspended, and SH28 and SH92 moved to temporary stops nearby
- During phase two, SH26 will be suspended with SH25 and SH27 moved to temporary stops nearby
Please see the plan below for more detail.
Access to the park and sports facilities will be maintained.