Improving the cycle and pedestrian path along Western Boulevard
- Start: 9 December 2019
- End: Spring 2020
Works will take place on Western Boulevard to improve access to parking and create a better path for pedestrians and cyclists. The path between Reydon Drive and St Leodegarius Church will be widened, and additional hard standing areas will be created to improve vehicle access and protect the grass.
Before Christmas works will involve widening the path, with drop kerb construction and path resurfacing taking place in the New Year.
- Widening and resurfacing the path to create a shared cycle and pedestrian path
- Bollards to keep cars driving down the cycle/foot path to a minimum
- Improving vehicle access points, and creating new ones for residents
- Creating new hard standing areas to protect the verge from vehicles
How will this affect traffic?
- Work will be carried out between 7am and 4pm Monday – Saturday
- The existing pathway will remain open although with reduced width. Please be cautious and considerate
- There will be occasional off peak lane closures along Western Boulevard (between 9:30am – 3:30pm)
- Bus stops will remain in use however temporary stops may be needed
For further information please contact 0115 876 5276
How does this fit into the wider cycle network?