Electric Vehicle Charge Points – Commercial Opportunities for the Retail, Leisure and Hotel Sectors
Thursday 14 March
Trent Vineyard, Lenton Lane, Nottingham
9am – 11.30am
What to expect
Many retailers, hoteliers and leisure operators are starting to install charge points at their premises, as part of their wider customer offer. For example, Tesco has recently announced that it will be installing 2,400 charge points at 600 of its stores. Similarly, Marston’s has committed to a programme of 400 charge point installations at its Inns and Taverns.
At this workshop presentations will be made by:
- Intu Shopping Centres
- Marston’s Inns and Taverns
- Pod Point – Charge point installer and operator for Lidl and Tesco.
Subjects covered will include:
- The business case for installing charge points at retail, leisure and hotel premises.
- Different charging usage patterns – dwell time, different charging patterns.
- Different business models – ownership, leasing, joint venture profit shares.
- Case studies of EV charge point installations at retail and leisure destinations
Details will also be presented of the package of support available to Nottingham businesses including grants of up to £25,000, fully funded fleet reviews and electric vehicle loans.
Fully funded places are available to any businesses in the Nottingham area that are actively considering shifting to the use of electric vehicles or other ultra low emission vehicles. A limited number of places are available to organisations based outside Nottingham.
The event will take place at Trent Vineyard, Lenton Lane, Nottingham NG7 2PX. The venue is easily accessible by public transport, including the tram network, and has ample free car parking on site.