As part of the Transforming Cities Fund, improvements will be made to the Victoria Embankment Path from Monday 27 November for approximately 8 – 10 weeks.
What will the improvements be?
- A new 3-metre wide path connecting the café and car park at Green Street. The existing path will be open for access during the works.
- A new surface with improved drainage for the bandstand at the Embankment.
- A new cycle parking area outside the café.
What are the benefits?
- Improved weather-proofing route for cyclists, pedestrians and mobility scooter users.
- Improved connectivity to and from the suspension bridge, the Meadows and into the city centre.
What is the Transforming Cities Fund?
In 2020, Nottingham and Derby City Councils were successful in securing funding from the Department of Transport’s (DfT) Transforming Cities fund when they were awarded £161m for a huge programme of transport improvements.
The joint bid was the only one in the country to secure the full amount requested from the DfT. Now, Nottingham is almost three years into the massive programme of works. All the schemes meet key TCF objectives: Supporting commuting, employment, development and economic growth.