A key service that helps people get around Nottingham will reopen this week as the city continues its Covid-19 recovery.
The Travel Centre in Victoria Bus Station will reopen on Wednesday 26 August, with extra measures in place to keep staff and customers safe.
Councillor Adele Williams, Portfolio Holder for Transport at Nottingham City Council, said: “Covid-19 continues to cause a significant amount of disruption, but we are gradually getting services back to normal in the city.
“We have been working hard to reopen the travel centre in time for the return to school, and for commuters as workplaces continue to reopen.
“The next couple of months are usually the busiest time of year for our travel centre staff. Although the centre will be open for those who need it, I’d like to remind customers most of our services are now available online. This includes buying adult Robin Hood Cards and applying for concessionary passes.
“We’ve put stringent measures in place for the safety of our staff and customers, and signage will advise customers how to stay safe. We’re very much looking forward to welcoming people back, and keeping Nottingham moving safely.”
- Up to two customers will be allowed in the travel centre at any one time
- A one-way system has been put in place
- Entrance moved to the bottom of the bus station
- Waiting areas will be deep cleaned and sanitiser provided
- Frequently touched surfaces will also be disinfected regularly
Signs will encourage customers to use cards for payment rather than cash, to social distance and to wear face coverings.
All services will be available as usual, although customers are asked to bring all completed forms within them, as there will not be an area to fill out forms at the centre.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (last transaction 4.45pm)
Please note the centre will be closed between 12.30pm and 1pm each day.
Services available online
- If you need to make a request for unused travel to be added to your Robin Hood card or for a refund on unused travel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New applications and renewals for concessionary cards can be ordered online at robinhoodnetwork.co.uk/concessions
- Adult Season and Adult Pay As You Go Robin Hood cards can be ordered online at http://nottinghamcity.smartcitizen.net/public
New under 19 and student season tickets can currently only be purchased at the travel centre. If you already have a Robin Hood card these can be topped up at any of the on-street Robin Hood ticket machines.