Nottingham’s hugely popular Goose Fair is back from Friday, so let’s talk about the best ways to get to the fair!
Travelling by Tram
- Trams will be running to the fair from every 5 minutes, get off at The Forest stop
- You can also use one of the tram Park and Ride sites to park and complete your journey to the fair
- The Forest car park will be closed from 6pm Sunday 24th September to 6am Wednesday 11 October
- You can buy a group ticket via the NETGO! app or via the ticket vending machines
Travelling by bus
- Nottingham City Transport’s frequent Brown, Lime, Yellow and Purple Line buses all stop alongside Goose Fair at the Forest Recreation Ground stop.
- NCTs £8 Grouprider is available all day and covers up to 5 people, offering unlimited day travel for families and couples travelling together at prices cheaper than buying individual day tickets
- Check out trentbartons journey planner to help you get to the fair
- You can also take advantage of the £2 bus single deal, although a group ticket will still be better value if you’re travelling with more than one other person
You can also travel to one of our Park & Ride sites and then use the bus to complete your journey to the fair.
Travelling by Train
- Nottingham Railway Station is around a 40-minute walk from the Forest Recreation Ground, or its easy to catch a bus or tram from the station
- East Midlands Railway are affected by strike action during Goose Fair. Get the latest info here.